To that end, this Acceptable Use Policy outlines the guidelines and behaviours that all users (parents, pupils, students and staff of Yvonne Gray Dance Studios) are expected to follow when using social media.
● Misuse of social media may result in disciplinary action.
● Yvonne Gray Dance Studios makes a reasonable effort to ensure users’ safety and security online, but will not be held accountable for any harm or damages that result from misuse of social media technologies.
We encourage parents and pupils, students, staff to use social networking/media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) as a way to connect with others, share news, create and curate educational content, and enhance the Studios experience. While social networking is fun and valuable, there are some risks you should keep in mind when using these tools. In the social media world, the lines are blurred between what is public or private, personal or professional.
We've created these social networking/media guidelines for you to follow when representing the Studios in the virtual world.
Please do the following:
Use good judgment
● We expect you to use good judgment in all situations.
● You must know and follow the Studio’s Code of Conduct
● Regardless of privacy settings, assume that all of the information you have shared on your social network is public information.
● Always treat others in a respectful, positive and considerate manner.
● Do not publish, post or release information that is considered confidential or not public. If it seems confidential, it probably is. Online "conversations" are never private.
Private and personal information
● To ensure your safety, be careful about the type and amount of personal information you provide.
● NEVER give out or transmit personal information of pupils or other parents without consent.
● Always respect the privacy of the studios members.
Please be cautious with respect to:
● Respect brand, trademark, copyright information and/or images of the Yvonne Gray Dance Studios
● It is generally not acceptable to post pictures of students without the expressed written consent of their parents.
● Do not post pictures of other pupils without their permission.
And if you don't get it right...
● Be sure to correct any mistake you make immediately, and make it clear what you've done to fix it.
● Apologise for the mistake if the situation warrants it.
● If it's a MAJOR mistake (e.g., exposing private information or reporting confidential information), please let someone know immediately so we can take the proper steps to help minimise the impact it may have.
If you see a message, comment, image, or anything else online that makes you concerned for anyone’s personal safety, please inform a staff member.
Cyberbullying will not be tolerated. Harassing, dissing, flaming, denigrating, impersonating, outing, tricking, excluding, and cyberstalking are all examples of cyberbullying. Don’t be mean. Don’t send emails or post comments with the intent of scaring, hurting, or intimidating someone else.
Limitation of Liability
Yvonne Gray Dance Studios will not be responsible for damage or harm to persons, files, data, or hardware.
Violations of this Acceptable Use Policy
Violations of this policy may have disciplinary repercussions, including:
● Removal of student from Yvonne Gray Dance Studios.